Yen lower on new US plan
February 18, 2009
Yen lower on new US plan
Story link: Yen lower on new US plan
The US dollar gained on the yen and the euro on Wednesday on a new plan from the administration of US President Barack Obama that is designed to slow the number of home foreclosures in the United States.
The plan, worth $75 billion, is aimed a helping millions of US homeowners to refinance loans with Fannie Mae (NYSE: FNM) and Freddie Mac (NYSE: FRE).
The yen also declined versus the euro and the Australian dollar on the possibility that a success for the Obama plan will reduce demand for the yen as a safe investment.
By nearly noon in New York, the yen traded at Â¥93.835 to the US dollar, at Â¥117.5877 to the euro and at Â¥59.8628 to the Aussie while the greenback was at $1.2531 to the euro.
The euro was hurt by the chance that the recession could hurt banks in the Eurozone.
Meanwhile, the Canadian dollar gained on its US counterpart on hopes that the Obama plan to reduce home foreclosures will revive investor interest in risky currency investments by helping the US economy toward recovery.
In late morning trade in New York the loonie traded at C$1.2596 to the US dollar.
- British Pound Sterling Foreign Exchange Forecast GBP versus EUR USD JPY Today - July 30, 2015
- British Pound Sterling Forecast VS USD EUR AUD - July 29, 2015
- FX ALERT: Near-Term Predictions for Euro to Sterling Exchange Rate EUR GBP Deteriorates - July 29, 2015
- British Pound Sterling FX Forecast for EUR USD CAD: UK Growth Supports Conversion Rate - July 29, 2015
- Foreign Currency Predictions: Sterling Euro GBP EUR Exchange Rate Forecast Higher on UK GDP Data - July 28, 2015
- Oil Slides, Pound GBP Medium-Term Conversion Rate Forecast vs EUR USD Amended Lower - July 28, 2015
- Fresh Gains Predicted for British Pound GBP vs Australian Dollar AUD and New Zealand Dollar NZD Conversion Rates as Chinese Shares Plunge - July 27, 2015
- Rally Predicted for Pound Sterling US Dollar Exchange Rate GBP USD - July 24, 2015
- Pound Sterling FX Forecast for EUR USD NZD Exchange Rates Today - July 24, 2015
- Forex Outlook Today: Shop Til You Drop? Pound Sterling GBP Tumbles on UK Sales Data - July 23, 2015
Daily Market Updates
Major Currency Forecasts
- Pound Sterling Forecast
- Euro Forecast
- American Dollar Forecast
- Australian Dollar Forecast
- Japanese Yen Forecast
- Swiss Franc Forecast
- New Zealand Dollar Forecast
- Canadian Dollar Forecast
- Norwegian Krone Forecast
- South African Rand Forecast
- Indian Rupee Forecast
- Singapore Dollar Forecast
- UAE Dirhams Forecast
- Turkish Lira Forecast
- Hong Kong Dollar Forecast
- Pound Euro Forecast
- Pound Dollar Forecast
- Pound Australian Dollar Forecast
- Pound Yen Forecast
- Pound Swiss Franc Forecast
- Pound NZ Dollar Forecast
- Pound Canadian Dollar Forecast
- Pound Krone Forecast
- Pound Rand Forecast
- Pound Rupee Forecast
- Pound Sing Dollar Forecast
- Pound Dirham Forecast
- Pound Lira Forecast
- Pound HK Dollar Forecast